Caramelised Onions and Mushrooms Ingredients
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, cut into thin wedges (I used one white and one red onion)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and thyme and saute until they start to soften. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer over a low-medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 1 pack organic tofu
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (or spelt flour or rice flour)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 sprigs parsley (and any other herbs you might like to add)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vegetable stock powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
Heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Spread the batter into 3-4 omelettes on the tray and place in the oven. Bake for around 12 minutes of until they start turning golden. Take out of the oven and carefully flip each omelette. Place back in the over for another 10 minutes or so. Set aside to cool slightly.
Serve warm with the onion mixture on top of the omelette with a handful of fresh spinach in the middle.