- One 15-oz can chickpeas (2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped finely
- Juice from 1.5 limes
- 3/4 cup fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt + ground pepper
1. In a food processor, add the spinach and pulse a few times until chopped very small (I just sliced my spinach into thin strips). Add the processed spinach, drained chickpeas, and chopped onion into a large bowl.
2. In the food processor (no need to rinse the bowl!), add the lime juice, cilantro, mustard, sugar, garlic, cumin, and oil. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Pour the dressing on top of the spinach chickpea mixture and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for about 10 minutes to let the flavours develop (optional- I didn’t!). Serve over a bed of grains, like brown rice.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/05/27/cilantro-lime-chickpea-salad-sweat-wicking-workout-wear/#ixzz2pVeTubNn