- 1½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cacao
- 1½ cup soaked cashews (soaked in water over night of for at least 6 hours)
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp+1 tsp cacao
- ¼ cup brewed coffee
- 3 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 3 pitted dates
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- For the crust: combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse. It may take awhile to crush everything up so be patient - no more than a minute though.
- Spray a pie pan or round cake pan with nonstick spray or coconut oil and, using a spatula, flatten crust out in bottom. If you are using 6 ramekins for single serve, there is no need to spray them because you will be eating straight from the ramekins. Rub spatula over mixture so that it is smooth and then place in freezer.
- For the filling: combine cashews and water in a blender and pulse until mixture turns smooth.
- Add in cacao, coffee and syrup and blend.
- Lastly, add in dates and coconut oil.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour filling overtop, using a spatula to smoothen out if needed.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until mixture hardens; cut into slices and serve.
- Enjoy! I decorated mine with berry pulp (frozen berries defrosted and blended in the blender), fried banana and melted chocolate.
This recipe is from thealmondeater.com. I just made a couple of tweaks but otherwise, this is the delicious work of Erin at The Almond Eater.