- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy (you could also use kale)
- 6 tablespoons organic soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 coconut, grated meat and liquid (there's lots of youtube clips that show you how to crack and extract the meat if you are unsure)
- water (enough to make 2 1/2 cups total liquid when combined with the liquid from the coconut)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chilli
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1. Hat a frypan to a medium heat. Toss bok choy, mushrooms and sugar with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook, covered, until the bok choy has wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Place coconut flesh, coconut water and water in high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture until well combined.
4. Add cumin, turmeric, ginger, raw chili garlic sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
5. Add to the bok choy and mushroom mix.
6. Cover and heat on a low temp for around 10 minutes.
7. Serve warm.
Inspired by: http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-coconut-bok-choy-spicy-soup/