- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heads of broccoli (florets and stem), chopped
- 1 medium fennel head (bulb and fronds), chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth (organic if possible)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 can coconut cream (organic if possible)
- Add the oil to a pot over medium heat. Saute the onions for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and saute an additional minute. Add the broccoli, fennel, herbs, and salt, and cover with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer until just tender.
- Add the coconut cream and blend the soup by using an immersion blender or transfering it to a regular blender. (If using a regular blender, be very careful as the steam can sometimes cause the lid to blow off. I recommend allowing the soup to cool for a few minutes, then blending small batches while holding the lid down with a large pot holder or towel in hand).
- Serve warm.
Slightly modified from: http://www.insonnetskitchen.com/creamy-fennel-broccoli-soup/