- 1½ cups sunflower seeds (I used 1c sunflower and 1/2c hemp seeds)
- ¼ cup cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips, or cacao nibs (I didn't have either of these, so I added pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a spice grinder, high-speed blender or food processor, grind your sunflower seeds into a fine meal.
- Dump your newly ground sunflower seed flour into a bowl and mix in the cacao powder and baking soda.
- Add your coconut oil and mash it into the flour, then stir in your maple syrup. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Gently press down on the tops of the cookies to flatten them a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.