- 1 pack of gluten free pasta
Tomato & basil sauce
- 6 large tomatoes
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil & herbs
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 1 tablespoon garlic flavoured extra virgin olive oil (regular is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (or 1 tablespoon chopped red onion)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 handful capers
- A few sprinkles ground pepper
- A few sprinkles Himalayan/sea salt
Creamy avocado sauce
- Boil water and a generous pinch of salt in a pot with the lid on. Once rolling, add the pasta and continue to boil until tender (about 15 minutes). Strain and set aside once cooked. Coat the pasta with a drizzle of olive oil to stop it from sticking.
- For the tomato sauce, chop the tomatoes in four or five pieces, and put them in a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients. Don’t forget to crush the walnuts with your hands if they’re in big chunks, and wash the basil. Once everything is in the blender, give it a few pulses until everything is very well chopped. Do not put this on a high powered blender like Vitamix, because you will end up with orange sauce.
- Place the sauce in a saucepan and simmer with the lid on while you make the avocado sauce.
Recipe inspired by: