- 1 Tbsp active dry east
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or agave or maple syrup)
- 1 cup warm water (between 100 and 110°F)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk beverage (almond, hemp, flax, coconut etc.)
- 1 Tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose, gluten-free flour
- 4-5 cups organic spinach
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon agave/maple syrup or a couple dates
Cashew cheese (an option for the base):
- 1 3/4 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small tablespoon nutritional yeast (you can get this from the health store or an organic store)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons miso
- Salt and missed dry herbs, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Add yeast, sugar and warm water to a small bowl and stir. Make sure the yeast is completely dissolved. Cover bowl with a clean towel and let sit for 10 minutes. Yeast is properly proofed if the water is a bit frothy at the top.
- Add milk, salt and olive oil into yeast. Mix well.
- Add in flour and mix into a dough. If dough is too moist add in a small amount of flour.
- Cover bowl with a clean towel and let sit for 40 minutes to let the yeast flavor develop, *minimal rising will occur.
- Divide dough into two and place on a cookie sheet lined with corn meal. Using your fingers press into a pizza dish or oblong tray.
- Top pizza with desired toppings and bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until dough is slightly golden.