30 minutes or fewer
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced (1 cup)
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced (⅔ cup)
- 5 green onions, sliced (⅓ cup)
- 6 oz. snow peas
- 1 packet buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 tsp. canola oil (I used coconut oil)
- 8 oz. seasoned tofu, cut into small cubes (I used plain organic, fair trade tofu)
- 3 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 1 Tbs. toasted black sesame seeds, optional, for garnish
1. To make Spicy Peanut Sauce: Purée vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, agave nectar, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in blender or food processor until smooth.
2. To make Soba Noodle Salad: Toss together bell pepper, radishes, and green onions in large bowl. Bring large pot of water to a boil, add snow peas, and cook 2 minutes. Transfer snow peas to bowl of ice water with slotted spoon; drain, and add to vegetables. Return water to a boil.
3. Cook soba noodles in same pot of boiling water according to package directions; drain, and rinse under cold water. Drain again, and set aside.
4. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned.
5. Toss tofu, grapefruit and soba noodles with vegetables. Divide among 6 bowls, drizzle with Spicy Peanut Sauce, and sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
Modified from: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/grapefruit-soba-noodle-salad-with-spicy-peanut-sauce/