- 2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick mat. In a large bowl, mix together the almonds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Spread out almond mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once half way through.
2. Remove from oven and allow the almond mixture to cool for a few minutes before placing into a food processor. Process for about 10 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl every 30-60 seconds as needed. The mixture will be very drippy and smooth when ready. Add in the vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and process until mixed well.
3. Remove the almond butter from the processor. If you’d like crunchy almond butter, add some almonds (~1/2 cup?) into the (now empty) processor and process until chunky. Stir the chunky almonds into the almond butter. Makes 1 and 1/4 cups or a bit more depending on how much you lick the bowl.
Sourced from: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/03/13/maple-cinnamon-almond-butter-with-hemp-flax-and-chia-seed/#ixzz2pJT0vImC