- 2 medium kumara (sweet potato)
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 red onion, chopped into 8ths
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- salt, to taste
- 1 cans of chickpeas (or soak overnight and cook dried chickpeas as I did)
- 4 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, sliced
- 1 yellow or red capsicum, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dates, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 celsius and lightly oil a large baking dish. Place the kumara, red onion and lemon in a bowl along with the spices, olive oil, salt and garlic. Toss well to coat evenly. Spread out evenly on the baking dish and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelised.
Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, capsicum, pumpkin seeds, dates and combine well. Place back in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until heated right through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on the spinach leaves, or toss the leaves through the kumara and chickpea mix. I also served it with some red rice but it can be filling enough without this.
Inspired by: http://www.deliciouseveryday.com/moroccan-carrot-salad/