2 cups of mushrooms, chopped (I used portobello)
1 cup dried mixed mushrooms (shiitaki, mitaki, matsutake etc)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup zucchini (courgette), chopped into small pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated finely
1 onion, diced
4 large leaves of kale, stems removed and ripped into small pieces
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
1 lemon, juiced
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 - 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in oil on low heat for about 5 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms and zucchini and saute an additional 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- In a small bowl, soak the dried mushrooms in the vegetable broth and set aside.
- Add the kale leaves, apple cider vinegar, ginger, lemon salt and pepper. Cook until the kale leaves have softened and wilted slightly.
- Pour in vegetable broth with rehydrated mushrooms. Simmer with a lid on for around 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then either with a blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Add extra water if it is too thick.
- Serve warm.