Purple foods prevent premature aging
Purple foods are colored by a pigment called anthocyanin, a strong and protective antioxidant which can help reduce the risk of cancer, help improve memory and assist with healthy aging.
Purple foods protect your heart
Purple fruits and vegetables are also packed with flavonoids — known to be one of the most powerful phytochemicals. Flavonoids are heart-healthy, beneficial to the cardiovascular system and can lower your risk of heart disease.
- 800g cauliflower (purple if you can find it)
- 1lt hot water with veggie stock mixed in
- 1 tsp coriander (cilantro for the americans)
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- cream off the top of a can of coconut milk
- Sautee the garlic, onions and spices till soft and fragrant.
- Throw in the cauliflower and stock.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 8-12 mins.
- Let cool a bit.
- Put it through the blender or food processor.
- Pour it back in the pot. Bring to simmer. Add salt and pepper to your liking and also add in 150ml (ish) of coconut cream.
- Stir. Pour.
Recipe care of: http://imveganbetty.com/2013/11/04/purple-cauliflower-soup/