- 1/3 cup quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 2/3 cup water
- 16 whole (pitted) dates, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup raw almonds with skin
- 1/3 cup natural crunchy peanut butter (optional, other nut butters such as almond butter)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I didn't have these on hand so instead used 1/4 cup raw cacao)
- Add quinoa and water to a small saucepan, cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook approximately 12-15 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed. Quinoa should still be warm when adding to the ingredients below.
- Soak dates in a small bowl of hot water and set aside for around 5 minutes to soften up.
- Using a food processor, add almonds to the food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Strain and add dates, peanut butter and warm quinoa to the food processor and pulse until ingredients are well combined. Add chocolate chips (or raw cacao) and pulse until combined and chips are melted into the mixture.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and shape into 24 - 1" drops or balls. Roll drops in crushed almonds if desired. Place on a dish, refrigerate until set.
Modified from - http://skinnyms.com/quinoa-chocolate-drops/#khp2WRDgMp84mBoj.99