- 2 cups almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup dates, pitted (preferably soaked)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a dash of cinnamon, optional
- juice from 1/2 lemon, optional but recommended
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- non-dairy milk if too thick
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Place the dates, almond milk, lemon juice and vanilla essence in a high-speed blender/food processor and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Stir this mixture in with the dry ingredients until you have a relatively thick batter.
- Heat up a non-stick pan on medium heat before pouring in about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. When the pancakes has started to firm up on the upward-facing side, flip around and cook on the other side until they are a deep
golden color. It is very important that you do not have a too high heat, as this will result in burnt and/or uncooked pancakes Place the pancakes on a plate and place a towel on top to retain the heat.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve with ice-cream.
For the ice-cream
- Place the bananas and blueberries in the food processor and blend until it is a thick and creamy texture. Add a small amount of non-dairy milk if it is too thick.