- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons sweet white rice flour (just normal white rice flour this means)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons cloves
- 1/2 cup slightly softened vegan margarine (or coconut oil)
- 3/4 cups organic sugar (try get fairtraide sugar)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal mixed with 2 tablespoons water
Preheat the oven 350 °F.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the sorghum flour, superfine brown rice flour, potato starch, sweet white rice flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Add in the ginger, molasses, and prepared flaxseed meal and mix until creamy. Gradually incoporate the flour mixture into the sugar mixture just until a fairly stiff dough forms.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart and flatten slightly with a spoon (just until about 3/4 of an inch thick).
Bake in oven at 350 ºF for 11 minutes. Let cool additional 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
modified from: http://www.allysonkramer.com/2012/10/soft-and-spicy-ginger-cookies/