5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:
- high quality vegan protein
- high in antioxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin c
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
- 2 cups organic unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic vegan granular sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 2 organic bananas (mashed)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbs ground flax + 6 tbs water)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/2 - 1 cup organic walnuts (chopped)
Prepare the flax eggs (mix 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons of water).
Mix all remaining wet ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients and the flax "eggs" into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
Add in the walnuts and gently stir.
Scoop the mixture into your muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown on the tops.
Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.